These roasted red potatoes only take 5 minutes of prep time and come out of the oven roasted to perfection every time. I usually make double the recipe, because leftover roasted potatoes go great with eggs and toast for breakfast.
[recipe title=”Roasted Red Potatoes” servings=”4-6″ time=”45-50min” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3-4 Medium Red Potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges. (To make wedges, cut the potato in half, then cut the half three times diagonally.)
- Place potatoes in bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. Stir potatoes in bowl to evenly spread spices and oil.
- Grease a baking sheet. Make sure to grease well, otherwise potatoes will stick. To grease, I usually use butter.
- Add potatoes to sheet in a single layer, then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- After time is up, flip potatoes and continue cooking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown. Additional cooking time may be needed, depending on your preference for how crispy you would like the potatoes to be. For crispier potatoes, bake for an additional 10 minutes.