This pie crust recipe (adapted from One Lovely Life) is as delicious, if not better, than non-GF/MF alternatives. We use this crust to make Blueberry Hand Pies![recipe title=”Pie Crust” servings=”8″ time=”15 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
Adapted From: http://www.onelovelylife.com/gluten-free-pie-crust/
- 2 Cups 1:1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (for slurry)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water (for slurry)
- Add two cups of flour to a large bowl. Cut the butter into small pats and add it to the flour using a pastry blender or knife until pea-sized crumby texture.
- Work in honey and salt to mixture.
- Slurry: In a smaller bowl, mix 1/3 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Pour slurry over the flour and butter mixture. Mix together until a ball of dough is formed.
- Divide into eight equal parts and place in refrigerator until you’re ready to use.