These chicken thighs are easy to make and are very tasty! This recipe is a go-to dinner time option in our family, and goes great with roasted red potatoes and broccoli. We usually buy two packages of chicken thighs from the grocery store and cook all of them at once, leaving us plenty of leftovers. Because we purchase them with the skin on and bone in, they’re relatively low cost.[recipe title=”Oven-baked Crispy & Tender Chicken Thighs” servings=”4-6″ time=”1hr 15 min” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 Package of Bone-in Chicken Thighs with the Skin On
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne/Red Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Trim excess skin and/or fat from chicken thighs, but leave the skin on top. The skin helps to keep the chicken from drying out while cooking.
- To the top and bottom of each piece, sprinkle spices liberally.
- Place thighs skin-side up on a cooking rack atop a baking dish. Using a cooking rack is key! It allows the fat to drip off, keeping the chicken nice and crispy.
- Bake in the oven on the center rack for 25-30 minutes, then flip each piece and put back in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Change oven setting from bake to broil and allow the skin to crisp for 5-7 minutes.
- Once they look nice and golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before eating.