This warm and satisfying comfort food is a family favorite of ours![recipe title=”Chicken and Dumplings” servings=”6-8″ time=”1 hour” difficulty=”Medium”]
Adapted from: allrecipes.com
- 11/2 lbs Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast (cubed and cooked)
- 2 Large Carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 4-5 Small Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Shallots
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free Flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 21/2 cups Homemade Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Bisquick
- (Follow instructions on box to make biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size cubes, slice carrots into 1/4″ disks.
- Boil potatoes and carrots in a pot for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Take off heat and add frozen corn and peas to water. Drain and set aside vegetable mixture.
- In a large pot, add butter and chopped shallots until soft. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, celery seed, and thyme.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Wisk over medium-low heat until thick (about 5 minutes). Add cooked vegetables and stir.
- Make the biscuits following the instructions on the GF Bisquick box.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into a 2.5L or 10 x 10″ baking dish.
- Drop 10 balls of biscuit dough evenly spaced on top of the mixture.
- Bake at 400˚F for 30-35 minutes until biscuits are lightly browned. Cool for 5-10 minutes.