These hand pies are SO delicious, you won’t be able to tell they’re gluten-free or migraine-free.[recipe title=”Blueberry Hand Pies” servings=”8″ time=”45min – 1hr” difficulty=”Easy-Medium”]
- 2 Cups 1:1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Flour Blend (for slurry)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water (for slurry)
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg (for egg-wash)
- Cinnamon Sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- To make crust, see Pie Crust recipe.
- Roll out dough into eight 4-5 inch rounds, each 1/4″ thick, then set them aside.
- Mix the blueberries, sugar, and salt into a bowl. Toss around mixture. Place a large spoon-full in each pie crust round.
- Fold the crust in half over the blueberries and seal with a fork. (Be careful not to pierce any holes in the crust.)
- Brush the egg-wash on top of each hand pie and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut 2-3 vents on top of each pie.
- Bake at 400˚F for 30-35 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.