1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 medium baking apples, peeled and cored
2/3 cup gluten free cup-to-cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 Tbsp canola oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl.
- Roll apples in sugar-cinnamon mixture, then place in buttered 8×8 baking pan.
- Spoon remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture into the empty core of the apples if desired.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, 2/3 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine oil, vanilla, and egg, then add to dry ingredients.
- Spoon about 2Tbsp of batter over each apple.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender.
The batter mixture is a simple recipe for sugar cookie dough. This mixture can be pre-made and stored in the freezer in single or double servings. You can also use your favorite sugar cookie recipe![/recipe]